Mental Health America of Georgia Free Training Opportunities
Through our funding partners we are pleased to offer three types of community trainings to support mental well-being during this time.
All are invited to register and participate.
Outreach Wellness Learning Webinars
Mental Health 101
Learn common mental health disorders and explore effective coping strategies
- Thursday, December 3, 2020: 11 AM - 12 PM Register Here
Mental Health Crisis
Learn to assess for risk of harm and demonstrate effective responses to a person in crisis
- Thursday, October 22, 2020: 12 PM - 1 PM Register Here
- Friday, November 13, 2020: 11 AM - 12 PM Register Here
Building Resilience in Youth
Learn social emotional development and strategies to strengthen resilience in youth
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020: 3 PM - 4 PM Register Here
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020: 12 PM - 1 PM Register Here
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Webinars
QPR (Question, Persuade, and Refer) Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention is a 75-minute educational program designed to teach lay and professional "gatekeepers" the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to respond.
- ?Thursday, October 8, 2020: 10 AM-11:15 PM Register Here
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020: 11 AM - 12:15 PM Register Here
- Monday, October 26, 2020: 2 PM - 3:15 PM Register Here
- Monday, November 9, 2020: 1 PM - 2:15 PM Register Here
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020: 12 PM - 1:15 PM Register Here
- Monday, December 7, 2020: 2 PM - 3:15 PM Register Here
- Friday, December 11, 2020: 10 AM - 11:15 AM Register Here
Youth Mental Health First Aid Webinars
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorder in youth. This 6.5 hour training gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to children and adolescents (ages 6-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care. This course will be divided into two parts, one being a 2 hour self-paced, online course which participants will need to complete prior to attending the 4.5 hour instructor-led video conference.
- November 4, 2020 1 PM - 5:30 PM Register Here