Train-the-Trainer: Early identification of developmental delays and disabilities
The Georgia Division of Children and Family Services is launching a training initiative for the purpose of educating caregivers on the early identification of developmental delays and disabilities in children 0-5 years. DFCS is offering 10 Train-the-Trainer events in the following cities: Cumming, Rome, Lawrenceville, Savannah, Macon, Columbus, Albany, Valdosta, Carrolton and College Park. This training opportunity was established in partnership with the Department of Public Health.
Participants in Train-the-Trainer will learn how to present the established curriculum and use related tools and materials such as video, Milestone Moments booklets, tracker and participant resource guides. Participants will also receive a training kit with all materials in order to replicate the training to families. The goal of this project is to have a training curriculum that will improve overall service provision for children in this age group. The training is available to lead Resource Development staff or designated RD staff and CPA partners. The maximum class size is limited to 20 participants per class; 2 spaces will be reserved for each RD team and 2 spaces will be reserved for each CPA. The time of each event is 10:00am-3:00pm.
The training dates/cities are:
- TBD: Rome- Floyd County DFCS, 450 Riverside Parkway, Suite 110, Rome 30161
- March 3: Lawrenceville- Gwinnett County DFCS, 33 South Clayton Street, Suite 100, Lawrenceville 30046
- March 10: Savannah- Chatham County DFCS, 761 Wheaton Street, Savannah 31401
- March 17: Macon-Macon Training Center, 6055 Lakeside Commons Drive, Suite 200, Macon 31210
- March 24: Columbus-Muscogee County DFCS, Conference Room A, 2100 Comer Avenue, Columbus 31904
- March 31: Albany-Dougherty County DFCS, Room 1021C, W Oglethorpe Blvd, Albany 31701
- April 7: Valdosta-DHS, 206 S. Patterson Street, Valdosta 31601
- April 12: Cumming- Hampton Park Library, 5345 Settingdown Road, Cumming 30041
- April 21: Carrollton- Carroll County DFCS, 165 Independence Drive, Carrollton, 30117
- April 28: College Park- South Fulton Service Center, 5710 Stonewall Tell Road, Atlanta 30349
If you have questions regarding attending Early Identification of Developmental Delays and Disabilities initiative, please email Kemberly.Watkins@dhs.ga.gov or contact the project consultant, Rita Young, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-688-5487.
To Register for This Event:
|Calendar of Events|
|« October 2017 »|